Rali first Dakar Series 2012 begins with a tragedy tinged. Motorcycle racer from Argentina, Jorge Martinez Buero died after crashing at the first stage of the rally in their own homeland, Monday (2 / 1) local time.
Organizers said 38-year-old motorcycle rider suffered a crash in the lane close to the end of the rally tracks which is the area between two sand dunes on the Atlantic coast. When he used the motorcycle accident RR450 from the beginning start in Mar de Plata in the province of Buenos Aires to Santa Rosa, La Pampa in the central part of Argentina.
He suffered very serious injuries in the sternum resulted in having a heart attack until he died. “This driver had a heart attack after a fall, a new location visited by the medical officer for about five minutes after the accident.
Medic came to the scene by helicopter,” organizers said in a statement on the official website of the Dakar rally (www.dakar.com). “Although already tried with all his strength, medical officials could not restore the awareness of drivers who later died when taken to the hospital.”
Argentina rally series was held because there are schedule changes about four years ago. Series beginning of the rally was held in Africa and moved to South America on the grounds of security considerations. Changes in these places was followed by a greater risk of danger and has claimed several times in the past.
“However, the experienced racer who has come a long rally already know with a high risk in the sport, if you’re not lucky accident like that could happen at any time. Some of the mistakes made during this rally could take us to lose lives,” said Ignacio Crotto, coordinator of the rally in Buenos Aires.
Boero become victims of violence to-Dakar rally among 22 victims of the drivers both pilot and copilot, in addition to victim drivers were no other casualties from the arena of Dakar is the victim the audience and crew support.
Meanwhile, among the dead in Argentina, Boero was a second victim died after the previous, Frenchman, Pascal Henry, who died in 2009. In addition, there are other deaths there is an audience, including race founder, Thierry Sabine, as well as some media crews.
Last year a motorist was killed after his car was hit by rally participants, and in 2010 a woman who was watching the rally died after being hit by a car rally participants.
While still held in Africa, the problems faced are some of the participants are often robbed or a victim of theft. On the way they often become victims of gang Africa or the bandits. As a result of the incident was eventually moved to South America Rally which starts from Argentina and Chile.